ZM8143 Flow over a notch accessories Vocational Training Tools And Equipment Hydrodynamics Experiment Apparatus
Purpose – To help students to study the characteristics of flow over rectangular and V notches.
- Two weir plates to fit in channel of hydraulics Bench
- Vernier hook and point gauge with carrier
- Stilling baffle
Two weir plates of different shape are provided allowing familiarization and comparison with theory.
➤ Demonstrating the characteristics of flow over a rectangular notch
➤ Demonstrating the characteristics of flow over a vee notch
➤ Determining the coefficient of discharge
- Overall dimensions of weir plates:
- height 160mm
- width 230mm
- thickness 4mm (2mm)
- Dimensions of rectangular notch: height- 82mm and width -30mm
- Angle of vee notch weir: 900 inclusive
- Hook & point gauge range: 0 to 150mm