ZM8149 Energy Losses in Pipes Demonstration Apparatus equipment teaching Hydrodynamics Laboratory Equipment
Purpose – To allow students to measure the pressure drop of water passing through a hydraulically smooth circular pipe in detail and to verify the pipe friction equation.
- Vertical test pipe with pressure tappings at entry and exit
- Feed either direct from hydraulics bench or from constant head tank
- Water and mercury manometers supplied as standard
- Quick release fitting for easy connection to hydraulics bench
This equipment allows the pressure drop of water passing through a hydraulically smooth circular pipe to be measured in detail and the pipe friction equation to be verified.
- Investigating the variation of friction head along a circular pipe with the mean flow velocity in the pipe
- Investigating the effects of laminar and turbulent flow regimes
- Diameter of test pipe: 3.0mm
- Length of test pipe: 760mm
- Distance between pressure tapping points: 500mm
- Range of mercury manometer: 500mm
- Range of water manometer: 500mm
Measuring cylinder capacity: 1000ml