HM280 Experiments With A Radial Fan Didactic Equipment Thermal Experiment Equipment
- Radial fans are used to transport gases with non-excessive pressure differences. The medium is drawn in axially to the drive shaft of the radial fan and is deflected by 90° by the rotation of the rotor and discharged radially.
- The experimental unit provides the basic experiments to get to know the operating behaviour and the most important characteristic variables of radial fans.
- HM 280 features a radial fan with variable speed via a frequency converter, an intake pipe and a delivery pipe. The transparent intake pipe is fitted with guide plates for flow guidance and with a flow straightener to calm the air. This enables precise measurements even with heavily reduced operation. The air flow is adjusted by a throttle valve at the end of the delivery pipe.
- To demonstrate the effect of different blade shapes two rotors are included in the scope of delivery: one rotor with forward curved blades and one with backward curved blades. The rotors are easily interchangeable.
- The experimental unit is fitted with sensors for pressure and temperature. The flow rate is determinated via differential pressure measurement on the intake nozzle. The microprocessor-based measuring technique is well protected in the housing. The measured values are transmitted directly to a PC via USB where they can be analysed using the software included.
- All the advantages of software-supported experiments with operation and evaluation are offered by thsoftware and the microprocessor.
- functioning and operating behaviour of a radial fan
- radial fan with 3-phase AC motor
- variable speed via frequency converter
- transparent intake and delivery pipes
- throttle valve to adjust the air flow in the delivery pipe
- interchangeable rotors: 1 rotor with forward curved blades and 1 rotor with backward curved blades
- determination of flow rate via intake nozzle
- display of differential pressure, flow rate, speed, electrical power consumption and hydraulical power output, temperature and efficiency
- due to integrated microprocessor-based instrumentation no additional devices with error-prone wiring are required
- display and evaluation of the measured values as well as operation of the unit via software
- software with control functions and data acquisition via USBunder Windows 8.1, 10
- Technical data
- Intake pipe
- inner diameter: 90mm
- length: 430mm
- Delivery pipe
- inner diameter: 100mm
- length: 530mm
- Radial fan
- power consumption: 110W
- nominal speed: 2800min-1
- volumetric flow rate: 480m3/h
- pressure difference: 300Pa
- Measuring ranges
- differential pressure: 0…1800Pa
- flow rate: 0…1000m3/h
- temperature: 0…100°C
- speed: 0…3300min-1
- power consumption: 0…250W
230V, 50Hz, 1 phase
230V, 60Hz, 1 phase; 120V, 60Hz, 1 phase
- Dimensions and weight
- LxWxH: 670x340x940mm
Weight: approx. 20kg