SR3031 Solid Handling Study Unit school teaching equipment Fluid Mechanics Apparatus Experiment Equipment
Learning Objectives / Experiments
- Sieving techniques.
- Granulometric analysis by sieving.
- Study of size reduction.
- Classification study according to the size.
- Milling: Ball mill. Observation of the comminution of solids processed through a ball mil.
- Study of the angle of repose and demonstration of stratification.
- Study of the apparent density.
- Study of the effect of mixture content.
- Determination of bulk solids parameters of density.
- Solids unloading study in hoppers.
- Cyclone operation. Solids separation.
- Pneumatic conveying.
- Study of solids mixing.
- Solids weighing.
- Other possible practices:
- Mixer operation.
- Sieves operation Specification
Bench with anodized aluminum structure and metallic panels, and with wheels for its mobility.
Main metallic elements of stainless steel.
Diagram in the front panel with similar distribution to the elements in the real unit.
Ball mill with variable speed and various sizes of balls. Total volume: 5 l., capacity: 1.25 l.
Motor for the ball mill.
Vibratory shaker and a set of eight sieves with several hole mesh, from 2 mm to 0.063 mm.
V-Blender, total volume: 1 l.
Motor for the V-Blender, range: 18 rpm, (timer: 60 min.).
Blowing and ejector.
Glass cyclone (inlet diameter: 10 mm.), and pneumatic conveyor.
Transparent horizontal angle of repose rotary cylinder with protractor.
Cylindrical hoppers (capacity: 100 cc.) with different size of exit orifices.
Graduated test tube. Control panel:
V-Blender ON/OFF switch.
Sieve shaker ON/OFF switch.
Balance (scale) ON/OFF switch.
Compressor ON/OFF switch.
Ball Mill ON/OFF switch.
Ball Mill speed regulator.
Cables and accessories, for normal operation.
Manuals: (Required Services, Assembly and Installation, Starting-up, Safety, Maintenance & Practices Manuals.)
Dimensions: 1020 x 850 x 1700 mm. approx. (40.16 x 33.46 x 66.93 inches approx.). Weight: 200 Kg. approx. (441 pounds approx.).
Material of construction: stainless steel